Wednesday 20 June 2012

[divine way to start the day]

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Let me let you in on a little secret this fine morning...

I love breakfast.

Not just puppy love... the real deal!
I catch myself lying awake at night picturing what I'm going to prepare myself for breakfast the next day!
I may be delving slightly into obsessive territory.
This was yesterday's morning delight...

Vanilla Quinoa Porridge with Apricots and Pistachios
(perfect serve for one)
about 1/4 cup quinoa
(I used the leftover quinoa from dinner the night before)
1/4 cup soy milk
a dollop of honey
about 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
a dash of vanilla essence
stewed apricots
(or get lazy like me and use pie apricots)
chopped pistachios

Bring to boil 3/4 cup water with the quinoa (the rule is 1 part quinoa to 3 parts water)
Simmer for about 10-15mins covered
Add in the soy milk, honey, cinnamon and vanilla
Stir until it's a lovely porridgey consistancy
Top with apricots, pitachios and finish with a glossy drizzle of honey
***
I made mine the night before, refridgerated overnight and heated her up in the morning with a little water.  Add your toppings right before you serve though.

Such a lovely healthy way to start the day (323 Cal says MyFitnessPal)
You really must try - I know you will love it!
And don't forget to let me know how you go!
Happy breakfasting! Jx

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day... My husband often jokes that the first words out of my mouth in the morning are not "how did you sleep" but "I'm huuuuuuungry". Look forward to trying this out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...