Tuesday 13 December 2011

[christmas lunch - picnic style]

I, like many of you out there, have a few families to catch up with over Christmas.  To spread the joy and avoid the hectic Christmas day run around we'll often have Christmas gatherings early.  On Sunday it was my Dad's side.

We had a "traditional" roast lunch in a park overlooking the bay with turkey and lamb on the portable webber.
I was the designated early bird to snag the table in the morning and set-up before everyone else arrived.
 
It was a fun little challenge to dress our Chrissy table whilst keeping with disposable picnicware for clean-up ease!  I chose one of my favourite colour combos: Red, baby blue and white.
I dressed a tree near our little gazebo where we placed our secret santa prezzies.
<  Dad seemed pleased with his gift (which he probably bought himself)
My nephew made these gorgeous little reindeer bags for gift wrap.  >
Keeping with a traditional Christmas lunch we all consumed our bodyweight in food.
All the excitement was a bit much for one little man!
and here's my gorgeous step-sisters!

Here's to many more fabulous blended Christmases!
Twelve more sleeps!
Jx

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I love your table setting - the combination of baby blue/white and red. Just gorgeous. ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jane - how on earth do you do this?

    You never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous photos and the glamour of styling.

    You certainly have a knack! Can I just have one of those corn cobs before I go (and hope you brought the floss too :)

    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, from hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that really looks so lovely. And delicious! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...