Saturday 12 January 2013

[our wedding]

On the 13th October 2012, I married my Dan.
Now that the holiday season is behind us, I've finally had a little time to myself to sit down and select a few of my favourite photos to share with you.


Yena and Patrick of Sugarblush Photography were the creatives behind the lens.
Earlier in the year we had our engagement shoot with them and from then on we knew we were onto a good thing!

I decided that on the morning of the wedding, I would get ready in our little unit - the place where Dan and I had renovated and decorated to our little hearts' content over the last couple of years.
It just felt right.
We were married at the chapel where Dan went to high school and my cousin sang and played guitar as I walked down the aisle to this - have a listen, it's beautiful!
My bouquet was bound with lace as well as a little locket with my Nan's photo inside.

The reception was held in "The Tote" at Eagle Farm Racecourse - a beautiful long building, 100 years old this year with the most unique little windows along the length of the room.
We were looking for a venue with a bit of "soul".
We had all 100 guests seated at one long banquet table that I was able to style the day before (with help from a few friends and family of course!)

Today our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty Australia (which I may or may not have woken up and 11am US eastern standard time to view) so I knew today was the day I needed to get my act together and share them here!
Enjoy x


My favourite moment was when Dan and I entered into the reception. We danced in together and then ran down the length of the banquet table, high-fiving everyone along the way - so much fun!
A completely amazing day!
Jx

Wedding Photography: Sugarblush Photography / Flowers: Brisbane Flower Market / Wedding Cake: Brooke Engler  of Eat My Cake / Wedding Stationery: Lady B Paperie / Wedding Dress: Wendy Makin / Accessories: Stephanie Browne / Hair: Papas & Pace / Robes: Plum Pretty Sugar / Vase/doily hire: Fancy Tea

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos Jane - it looks like it was such a special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS wedding! Your dress is stunning, and all the details are beautiful. And hey! My dad's name is Dan...and I was actually named after him. :)

    Congrats on newlywed life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning pictures! I just found your blog, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
They truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...